Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The elusive lucid state...

I was just doing some research on, well, nothing...I sit and look up things on youtube when free because you stumble upon some amazing things. And today I did. Today's find: I came across this Dutch guy who is an electronics music composer and he has put his music online...btw, he does not have a CD or is he well known...But his work...I cannot begin to tell you how talented he is...and I was researching on dreams...I remember now.
My point????

Let me start over.
I started my research with lucid dreams... I love having them, obviously. They totally give you an experience to remember and when I wake, I feel like I have done something...had a great time, usually. I sometimes get my creative ideas from my dreams. So, coming back to youtube: When free, I go to National geographic or Discovery to see what they have in store for me. Today morning, as I had a wonderful lucid dream which I unfortunately remember nothing of, except the fact that it was wonderful, prompted me to do some research on the subject.


This is what I came up with: we can train our minds to have lucid dreams every night and they have helped people come up with creative inputs, solve problems and also to have a great time. As some guy put it, this is just a state of mind where the brain is unfettered by logic, leaving it to roam free and experience things like flying, dreamscapes etc...
The best part - the biggest inventors of the world - Einstein, Dali - all admitted to having dreamt up the solutions and ideas. Even today, NASA scientists get their ideas from lucid dreaming.

Would it not be wonderful if we could do all our thinking in the lucid dream state, wake up and then just start working. it will such a lovely utilization of time and imagine the ideas one can get. Dreams have always gotten crazy for me and I have had dreams from me being a spy to the proverbial flying experience...All I can tell you is that when you wake up, you actually feel like you did it and so disappointed that you are awake now.
What a lovely idea for a game, isn't it?We have X-box today and 3D games, but imagine a lucid dream box....takes you where you want to go and what you want ot do...all while sleeping. And my thought is not so far behind...the scientists have already developed a sleeping eye patch called the dreamer which helps a person have lucid dreams. You can teach yourself to recognise that you are in fact dreaming and all this is not real. after that is done...you can steer the dream into any direction you want.

AMAZING ...is it not?!!!!

Dying to sleep?Tell your brain to lucid dream...apparently the command helps as well..
Have fun!

4 comments:

  1. i forgot to record my dreams... the above seems tad impossible

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha this is quite cool !!! time for this incurable insomniac to try something new :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told myself to have a lucid dream before I went to sleep yesterday night...and sure enough, i had...not 1 but 3...and completely different ones, during the course of the night. I woke up later than usual todya, feeling tired, but have great experiences...:)
    @Tushar...maintain a dream diary...keep it near your bed and jot down basic points and you can update in the morning....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete